Monday, September 17, 2018

Yoga Baby 2; 20 weeks



HALFWAY! There is something so exciting about reaching the halfway point. It makes February feel so close!
As I am putting the finishing touches on this post, I am on my way home from our anniversary trip/babymoon to Miami. Today is our 7th wedding anniversary. 💓

Also, kind of a big deal, but not too big a deal because everything is fine thus far, but dude... I freaking FAINTED. According to my doctor and Dr Internet, this is relatively normal and has to do with having lowish blood pressure during pregnancy.  I walk around not pregnant with blood pressure on the low end of normal, but now that I am pregnant, it is on the low end of low normal. So, basically every other time I stand up, I get dizzy. The fainting episode was different. I was sitting in class last Tuesday and I started to feel funny - like I needed to focus intently on breathing, so after a moment or two, I thought it would be helpful to get some fresh air. I got up and slowly walked to the back of the room toward the door. I have a vague recollection of reaching for the door handle, and then I was waking up on the floor. It was so incredibly surreal. I haven't fainted since I was a teenager. The rest of class was cancelled and the ambulance and fire department came. They checked my seated pulse and heart rate, then again standing - offered to take me to the hospital, but said that if I wanted my husband to take me instead, they thought I was well enough that they were confident that would be fine. So, I did. Hubby got an Uber out to school so he could drive my car and me back to my doctor. Baby and I got checked out and everything is A-OK. (He/she is dancing up a storm as I type this). I have a nasty bruise on my hip from hitting a chair on my way down, but other than that, everything is fine. Sure was scary though.



But let's get back to the fun stuff, shall we?

Cravings: I wouldn't call it a craving, necessarily, but I am really into burritos.

Aversions: COFFEEEEEEEE. I miss it so much though. I find myself daydreaming about coffee, but then I smell it... and I definitely do not want it anymore. I also am still having a hard time eating meat. I have to mix it up in other things - salads, bowls, etc, otherwise it's really hard for me to get down.

Nausea: Seems to be gone. *knock on wood*

Gender: Finding out on Wednesday!!!!

Name: I think we've settled on names for either a boy or a girl, but we won't be sharing until baby is born.

Energy: Definitely more good than bad. The longer I sit around, the more tired I get. So, as long as I stay relatively active, the more energy I have. Doing my workouts as often as possible really helps. It also helps me keep my emotions in check. If I'm feeling down, exercising can help give me the boost that I need.

Missing: Can I please have some sushi? Pleeeeeease. Also hubs had eggs benedict this weekend for brunch and I was so so so jealous.

Sleep: I've been using my new body pillow and I also started putting on Sleepy lotion before bed. I think those two together are actually helping. I still wake up a few times each night, but can usually get back to sleep relatively quickly.

Maternity clothes? Yes. Haha. Leggings, foldover skirts, and dresses are my favorite, but I've worn panel jeans and shorts a couple times. They're not my favorite, but they're a good option for when I want to wear pants.

Exercise? I've slowed down a lot. I am just really tired lately. Been doing a lot of walking and stretching.

Movement: All day long. It's so awesome.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment