Monday, August 27, 2018

Fit Pregnancy; Week 16



It was not my intention to make Monday and Tuesday rest days, but they definitely were. Monday I was not feeling well, and Tuesday was my first day of school(!), so I took my "spare" time in the evening to get myself set up with the class' online portal and do the chapter 1 reading. It's hard to do homework when you're trying to simultaneously feed your 3 year old dinner and block out whatever your husband is watching on TV. I'm going to have to start setting aside designated homework time where I am to be left alone. Oh, the things we take for granted when we are in our 20's and can lock ourselves in our rooms with no interruptions for hours.


Wednesday I was back at the gym. I decided to have a go at cycle beats at the gym. Man, my butt hurt after taking a 3 month hiatus from those spin bikes, but it was a great workout. I would love to go back before my membership at EQ is up. I definitely wasn't able to push as hard as I had prepregnancy, but it felt good, nonetheless.

Thursday was a weird day. The kiddos (3 year old human and 4 month old puppy) were on a rampage. Between the two of them, I could barely catch my breath, but I did manage 3 rounds of the Anna Saccone 2nd trimester workout - in between doing a thousand other things, of course. I added some 2 lb weights to nearly all of the exercises so my arms were getting more of a workout as well, and I definitely felt it the next day.

Friday and Saturday also ended up being rest days.

Sunday I was back at Equinox for Barre Burn. It was fun. I did a lot more modifications this time. Skipped most of the ab work, and did core stability and obliques instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment