Monday, August 13, 2018

Fit Pregnancy; Week 14



Since I think I've managed the ability to workout regularly again, I've decided to go ahead and start posting weekly workout recaps.

Let's start with Monday, eh?

Monday and Tuesday were actually the same exact workout. I did this Tone It Up Bumpin' Body Prenatal workout with Kat and Christina and then followed it up with 2 rounds of Anna Saccone's 2nd Trimester Workout. I am really digging this combination right now. I feel like it's challenging enough without making me feel like I'm overdoing it. Hubby also bought me a Bosu ball, so Monday I did about 50 Bosu squats, and Tuesday I did 30 Bosu lunges (15 on each side) and followed it up for 3 one minute planks. The whole sequence takes about 45 minutes, and I work up a good sweat without feeling like I'm hurting anyone.

Wednesday I went back to Equinox. This has been kind of a big deal for me (and I have actually cancelled my membership as of the end of August) since a) I was struggling to workout at all during the first trimester and b) my purse was stolen from the locker room in early July. So, I cancelled, and less than a week later got a letter that at the end of August they are raising their already high membership rates. ANYWAY, Wednesday I actually went back and took Firestarter. It's a HIIT workout. I modified a ton. A TON. I can't do jumping jacks at the moment. I move relatively slowly to make sure I don't get too short of breath. I'm basically short of breath just sitting down at my desk every day, but I did it. I got a good workout despite the modifications.

Thursday I took my son out for ice cream and took the night off exercise. Hehehe.

Friday I worked out at home. I busted out by current faves - the TIU and Anna Saccone workouts I did on Monday and Tuesday. I am really digging those right now.

Saturday ended up being a rest day also. I'm allowing myself that - two rest days. Considering I went over a month barely working out once or twice a week.

Sunday I took Equinox Barre Burn. I had to take breaks, but generally, it was a good class and I felt like I got a good workout. I'm really trying to get over to EQ as often as possible right now since my membership will be up at the end of the month. After class I treated myself and my kiddo to a smoothie from EarthBar. So delicious, and a great way to replenish after a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment