Monday, January 7, 2019

Yoga Baby 2; 36 Weeks



So... I sorta stopped taking bump photos. I didn't mean to, but it got cold outside, and those little black tank tops were getting too tight (they're mostly size small and I have not felt like going to buy a bigger one). Today baby and I are 36 weeks. It's less than a month to her estimated due date and quite a few things have changed in the last 8 weeks.

Cravings: Yes! Though I don't have a lot of room in my stomach, I have had the same type of "cravings" I had with my first - mostly for sweets, and always after the thought has been planted by some external source - like the Great British Baking Show. I texted my husband and asked if he could stop at the grocery store and pick out a Danish for me... because it was Danish week. Then last night we watched some youtube video of a guy on Tasty trying to hide pickled vegetables inside brownies. Even though I maintain that does not sound good - I immediately made a batch of brownies.

Aversions: Getting better. I'm still not really interested in red meat, but I have been drinking lattes some mornings, which makes me happy.

Nausea: No nausea. Dizziness is back with a vengeance though - always when changing levels (sit to stand, lay down, etc) It started when I had a cold about a week and a half ago and just hasn't let up. Trying to move slowly, and I always brace myself because I'm pretty used to it by now.

Gender: Girl.

Name: Nugget has a name. A lot of people know it, so it's not really a secret anymore, but it's not on the internet yet, so I'm gonna keep it that way.

Energy: Actually really good. After the holidays, I got a weird sort of third trimester 2nd wind. I've been motivated with my workouts, and getting in about 30-40 minutes of strength, cardio, or yoga at least 5 days a week. I think I was battling so much sickness starting back before Thanksgiving that when my body finally kicked the bugs, I got this surge of energy.

Missing: I'd really like a Jimmy Johns sub, a glass of wine, sushi, and fried eggs - not all at the same time. I'm also starting to really miss tough workouts - but it'll be a while before I can get back to those again.

Sleep: What is sleep? It took me over an hour and a half just to fall asleep last night.

Maternity clothes?  All I wear - that and cozy sweats.

Exercise? Like I said above, I've been feeling better able to move and more energetic lately, so I've been able to exercise more. I've found some 3rd trimester youtube workouts that I like, and have been able to do a bit more cardio, which I'm excited about.

Movement: Constant. Girl is nutso. Elbows and knees everywhere. Hiccups in my right hip are the weirdest thing ever. I don't remember them feeling like that before, but I also just felt my first baby a lot less.

Other challenges: I basically need help with everything at this point. The hardest thing is that I have a really tough time letting my kiddo sit on my lap. It is just SO SO uncomfortable to have him sitting up against my stomach. I think this has to do with the diastasis I've developed this time around. It's such a huge bummer. I've had my hubby help me get my shoes on once or twice.
Getting up from bed is tough, even though I'm already rolled over on my side, and I've found that our couch set up is really not pregnancy friendly. We had a massive sectional last time, so I could get comfy almost anywhere.This time we have a sofa and a single seat with a poof. Finding a comfortable position is a huge challenge, even with the poof.

That's all for now. Next time I'll try to get a bump photo on here. The above was snapped over the weekend - an attempted snuggle sesh with my 4 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment